Don't Take Me For Granted || Abeiku Okai Poetry



I'm a talker like you but I prefer to talk well, not much

Before I utter I ensure wisdom is hatched

Never wanting to be the first to hastily lit the match


In nothing am I wanted

It's my integrity I don't want tainted

So don't take my silence for granted

I am also pregnant with words unwanted 


Your words speak to me after you are gone

They make me wonder whether you first reasoned them out at dawn


You just have no shame - else you would deeply mourn

Because your unbrushed saliva has made you a public scorn


Every passer-by hears your course voice

- they know you are just making uncouth noise


I can do worse

But the sages told me to imprison my words

That's why I keep my silence to myself

So respect yourself


I am also pregnant with worthless words

They are double edged swords

Hidden deep within the testicles of my pains


I have only kept my composure again and again

Cos ejaculation would have me nothing to gain


But don't press my balls

Else that will be the beginning of your downfalls 


So never take my silence for granted

I am heavily pregnant with words unwanted


Abeiku Okai

Comments

Popular Posts